Sunday, June 29, 2014

I have had such a busy weekend.  It is that time of year again when I start to panic a little bit over our annual 4th of July celebration.  Richard says this is the 28th year we will have hosted this event.  I think it is 29 or 30, but obviously I am not positive.


On Saturday I started cleaning.  Richard does not understand why I do what I do.  He always says, why are you cleaning parts of the house that people will not see.  I do it because I know it needs to be done.  I cleared out all of the kitchen cabinets and drawers and washed them down with Pine Sol.  I also cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer; I spent about two hours on that baby, washing down the entire inside with Pine Sol.  I also got the glass globes washed on four ceiling fans, cleaned my oven, cleaned out the bathroom drawers, done laundry, cleaned my stainless steel appliances, and mopped.  And the bad thing is, I still have so much more to do before company starts arriving.


I have compiled the guest list, the meal menu and am working on my grocery list. I need and want to start working on decorations.  I absolutely love this holiday but always feel so rushed as I don't plan ahead very well.  I do get excited thinking about the back yard bar-b-que event that will take place at our house in just a few short days.  Family and friends will gather wearing our nations colors and I enjoy getting to visit with them.  Our flag will fly on the east side of our house and we will cook about 60 or so hamburgers along with hot dogs.  We will have a chilled watermelon and homemade butter pecan ice cream.  Oh and of course, my husband and son's fantastic display of fireworks.  All to celebrate the freedoms we experience in this great country we live in.  Between now and then, I will listen to Lee Greenwood's song, God Bless the USA, a few times as it stirs something in my soul that I enjoy.


Until next time.

1 comment: